Thank you for your interest in sharing your opinions and perspectives on the Great Lakes Vision Plan Blog.
By accessing and using http://thegreatlakescenturyblog.som.com/ you (“User”) agree to the following terms and conditions:
- This website and its contents are not intended for unrelated personal topics or agendas, for sharing confidential or restricted information, for aggregating lists of contacts for sale or distribution, for soliciting sales or employment, for human resources related subjects or for research or information gathering for the purpose of negotiating or dealing with any party regarding such subjects.
- You are responsible for all User Content that you upload, post, display, submit or otherwise transmit (“post”) to the Site. “User Content” includes all information, profiles, personal information, reports, materials, feedback, contact data, submissions, ideas, tags, messages, recommendations, text, material, articles, photos, music, posts, comments, responses, e-mail and other content that you post on the Site.
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, LLP (“SOM”) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason at all, to access, delete, edit or remove any User Content posted on the Site, without permission of or notification to the User. SOM may (but is not obligated to) monitor the activities and postings of participants (or be alerted to the same) on the Site for any reason.
- The Site contains proprietary notices and copyright information, which User must observe and follow. You agree to only post User Content that you created or developed or that you have permission or authorization to post. User shall not post any content which is protected by copyright or is the intellectual property of another party. SOM owns the Site and all content on the Site (other than User Content, except as set forth in Section 5 below) (“Site Content”). SOM grants User a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited permission to access the Site and the Site Content. User may not copy, reproduce, upload, post, modify, transmit, mirror on another site or in any other media, distribute or create derivative works of the Site or the Site Content. SOM does not grant User any express or implied rights or licenses under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
- User Content that is posted on the Site may be made available to third party search engines on the Internet as well as through the Site’s search engine. User Content posted by User will be available for use on a global basis by SOM (internally and externally) and may be used by SOM to achieve SOM’s objectives in connection with the Great Lakes Vision Plan. SOM shall have no obligation to compensate User for any User Content you provide in connection with the Site which is subsequently used by SOM.
- SOM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR USER CONTENT OR THE ACCURACY OF ANY USER CONTENT POSTED. PARTICIPANTS SHALL REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USER CONTENT THEY POST. USER CONTENT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OR OPINIONS OF SOM. SOM DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY USER CONTENT IS CORRECT OR ACCURATE AND SOM DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY USER CONTENT.
- USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE AND ITS SITE CONTENT, INCLUDING ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE, SERVICES AND PROGRAMS PROVIDED ON THE SITE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER. SOM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, AND OTHER WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, OR REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. SOM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IF YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT, INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- IF YOU SUFFER ANY HARM OR LOSSES AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, YOU MAY CEASE BEING A PARTICIPANT ON THE SITE WHICH SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR SUCH HARM OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL SOM BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE WHATSOEVER RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM THIS SITE OR ANY USE OF THIS SITE, OR OF ANY SITE OR RESOURCE LINKED TO, REFERENCED, OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE, OR FOR THE USE OR DOWNLOADING OF, OR ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOST SAVINGS OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA, EVEN IF SOM IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS EXCLUSION AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORIES.
- SOM may, at any time, modify, change, discontinue or terminate the Site in whole or in part.
- SOM is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any site links posted on the Site.
- From time to time, SOM may add specialized sections or areas of this Site (such as those targeting specific topics for discussion or those intended for discussion/sharing confidential information among specific participants). Prior to your participation in such specialized sections or areas or your download of such materials, your acceptance of such additional terms and conditions may be required.
- For SOM employees: Your use of the Site is also subject to the terms and conditions of the employment handbook, which you can obtain from your Human Resources contact.